Tariff – 2018/19 Bed & breakfast prices
All of our rooms are £110.00/night and include afternoon tea & cake on arrival, bed and full breakfasts for two guests.
There are three bedrooms for bed and breakfast……… two doubles and one twin/double.
Dinner when available is @ £35.00/guest. Do bring your own wine/beer. Please check to see if and when we’re serving dinner during your stay. Alternatively ask for
- The Blue Room has a five foot wide double bed and a bathroom en suite.
- The Yellow Room has a five foot wide double bed and a shower-room en suite.
- The Pink Room has twin beds and The Green Room has a six foot wide double bed. Each room has a wash-hand-basin. Choose if you would like a twin room or a double room. There is a separate, external, private bathroom. Perfect for friends travelling together.
All of the rooms are for two-person occupancy and we prefer to operate a minimum two night stay policy* especially at weekends. The Blue and Yellow rooms also have double sofa-beds.
At *weekends and Bank Holidays we have a two night minimum booking policy. Friday and Saturday nights must either be booked with Thursday or Sunday nights as appropriate.
We offer a single-bed for sole occupancy in the Pink Room at £75.00 a night for bed and breakfast. Subject to availability.
Dogs by arrangement. Sleep in your room @ £10.00. Sleep in your car free of charge.
Children by negotiation.
Lower Buckton Self-catering – Tariff 2018/2019
Self-catering in the whole house which sleeps 10 guests in five double rooms and with the possibility of two small children on sofa beds. Five bedrooms and three bathrooms on first floor. On ground floor are dining room with open log fire, drawing room with wood burner and kitchen with four oven AGA. Also downstairs cloakroom/WC with shower and laundry room.
To book and for more details please telephone 01547 540 532 or email email@example.com
Weekly bookings run from Friday – Friday.
Short breaks run from Friday – Monday or Monday – Friday. Three nights at weekends. Three or four nights midweek. (Short breaks are subject to availability). However we are flexible so please contact us with any special check-in requests and we’ll do our best to accommodate your wishes.
Weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights) are £400.00/night (minimum three night bookings). If you can only manage two night weekend bookings the price includes “late as you like” check out on Sundays.
- Seven night holiday £1500.00
- Three night weekend breaks £1500.00
- Four/three night midweek breaks £1200.00
- We are fully booked for Christmas and New Year 2018/19. Please book early for 2019/20
- Christmas & New Year 2019/20 – available.
- Seven nights £3000.00 including either Christmas Day or or New Year’s Eve
- Four nights £2500.00 including either Christmas Day or New Year’s Eve
- Three nights £2000.00 midweek between Christmas and New Year
- Arrival/departure time is normally 4.00 pm/10.00 am.
The accommodation is for a maximum of ten guests in five double rooms with a maximum of two adults per room as double/twin/sofa-bed.
There is a double sofa-bed in the Blue Room and a smaller double sofa-bed in the Yellow Room each suitable for one small child – please bring own bedding and water-proof undersheets as appropriate.
Self-contained babes-in-arms with own travel cot are free of charge. We have a travel to borrow. Bring own bedding.
The prices include:
- Kitchen stores include loose-leaf tea and ground coffee, white & brown sugar and a homemade cake.
- Linen and Towels
- Fuel and Logs
- BBQ with local, sustainable charcoal
- Two rooms have six foot wide double beds one of which can be made up as twin beds the other as a Continental-style twin with separate quilts. Prior notice required when booking.
Midweek Autumn/Winter Bed & Breakfast Breaks 2018/19
The Sawday’s stamp of approval which speaks for itself.
Special Offer: Bed & Breakfast 2018/19 Breaks. Do come and find out…….
Four nights’ midweek bed and breakfast for the price of three.
Stay four nights from either Sunday or Monday and pay for three.
£350.00 including afternoon tea & cake on arrival and full breakfasts every morning! Dinner is available by separate negotiation or take advantage of the many excellent pubs and restaurants in the area. We’re very happy to guide you to our favourite places.
Not valid with any other discount/voucher/offer or via our online booking facility.
Please book direct by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01547 540 532
Please quote Autumn/Winter Breaks 2018/19 (beginning Monday 5 November 2018; ending Monday 15 April 2019 excluding Christmas and New Year.
Offer valid on any FOUR consecutive midweek nights beginning either Sunday or Monday.
Dinner – please tell us if you’d like dinner
Carolyn is a self-taught intuitive cook and everything is cooked on and in her AGA. The no-choice “garden menu” changes constantly and evolves from whatever is available on the day. All of our food is local, fresh and seasonal – most from Lower Buckton’s Kitchen Garden and environs. Full of fresh and natural flavours, anything which is not grown by Henry is locally sought, bought and caught for its quality and is quite often organic. No food is bought from any multi-national super-markets. We prefer to support local independent producers, suppliers and shops thus contributing to our local community and economy of the rural country.
- All diets are catered for – please try and let us know in advance of either any special requirements or food likes, loves and hates………
- Lower Buckton is unlicensed – so do bring your own wines – there’s no corkage and a huge cellar to fill and Henry will prepare and serve them just as you like.
- Four course dinner with pre-dinner titbits and after dinner coffee with home-made chocolates is £35.00 each.
- Lunches and Picnics are prepared and made to order – from a feast to a sandwich – tell us what you’d like.
If you plan to arrive late in the evening and have no time to stop for dinner on your way, you may like us to prepare some food for when you get here. Presented on a large platter, with plates, cutlery & white cotton napkins all ready for you to enjoy at your leisure. Remember to bring some wine. Here is a couple of ideas.
Cheese and Pie Selection £30.00
- Hand-raised pork pie
- Wedge of local cheese
- Griffiths’ butcher’s ham
- Home made chutney & grainy mustard
- Swifts Bakery loaf with English butter
- Buckton or Lane Cottage salad leaves
- Tyrrell’s Nakeds potato crisps
Super Supper Selection £30.00
- Smoked Salmon
- Ludlow Food Centre cured meats
- Swift Bakery loaf with local butter
- Roast & oiled vegetables
- Home made chicken liver paté
- Tyrrell’s Nakeds potato crisps
Dogs by arrangement
Lower Buckton’s a Dog Friendly Bed & Breakfast recommended by Sawday’s Special Places to Stay 2016
Dogs are welcome to sleep in the kennel, a straw-bedded stable and owners’ vehicles.
If you’d prefer your dog to sleep with you in your room, please ask. We make a charge of £10.00 a night. Please bring own bedding and preferably a dog-cage.
We would not want any doggy-friends to miss out on the wonderful walks in every direction from our door and we really do want everyone to be happy! Please do not allow dogs to fight with our dog, chase our cats, all of whom live outside, chase the hens which free-range, chase the horses in the field and any neighbours’ farm stock – not a good idea! Dogs must be on leads in the car parking area and outside of the house on the grassed areas. They’re welcome to run free in the paddocks (beware of horses and sheep).
Also there is either an excellent, luxury kennels just down the lane or an exceedingly accommodating friend who takes in ‘holiday dogs’ to her own home just up the lane. These are useful services for those who like to have their dog on holiday but occasionally require some respite whilst out site-seeing or shopping especially during hot weather. Please ask for details and prices.
Children by negotiation
Two of the rooms have double sofa-beds for children aged twelve years and under – we also have a cot with allergy-free mattress for hire – please ask for details.
Unlike the dogs, we have discovered it is preferred to have children sleep in the house! Therefore as Lower Buckton is primarily a retreat for those seeking peace and quiet and an escape from the everyday life of business, city and (often!) family life we take in consideration the wishes of other guests at the time. Saying that, we have had the most delightful children staying at Lower Buckton and they certainly appear to enjoy and thrive here: helping to dig vegetables, feeding horses, chasing cats and we do have badminton, clock golf, swings, boules, cricket bats/stumps and croquet to keep them busy in the fresh air. Sometimes it’s possible to serve high teas for the younger children.