Breakfast Menu – Seasonal, local and ethical British food. We eat Paleo-ketogenic and are happy to share our ideas with you.
The following are nearly always available………
- Natural Herefordshire apple juice from our un-sprayed Lower Buckton trees
- Locally made, natural yoghurt. Sometimes organic.
- Lower Buckton muesli mix & special granola.
- Organic porridge served with various fruit syrups, cream, or Welsh whisky
- Fresh, seasonal fruit or poached fruits in season
- Free-range eggs cooked “anyhow”
- UK grown, flat-cap field mushrooms baked with butter and fresh herbs
- Buckton or local tomatoes baked in Shropshire rape oil with fresh green herbs. Never out of season imports.
- Griffiths’ Leintwardine home-cured Aga-grilled bacon
- Griffiths’ Leintwardine prize-winning Aga-griddled thick pork sausages
- Welsh mustards, LFC tomato ketchup & spicy brown sauce.
- Mr Swift’s organic sunflower & grain and granary brown breads to toast
- English butter
- Honey from Leintwardine bees or thereabouts
- Lower Buckton’s famous Seville orange marmalade which over the years has won Gold at the World Marmalade Awards.
- Lower Buckton homemade jam
- Marmite of course! Love it or hate!
- Taylor’s of Harrogate loose-leaf Yorkshire tea. Not local but the best!
- Speciality organic fruit infusions & Lower Buckton’s freshwater-mint tisane
- Lavazza ground coffee brewed to proper strength! Not local either but it supports Slow Food International
*Everything is cooked to order. We do not expect you to pre-order the night before.
Here are just a few extra ideas for house parties and special requests. Just give us some notice of what you’d like or tell us your favourites …..
- Bubble and squeak
- Kedgeree based on Carolyn’s recipe featured on UKTV and published in The Peoples Cook Book
- Eggs Benedict
- Potato fries with fennel
- Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs
- Eggs Arnold Bennet
- Fresh herb omelette
What you’ll NOT find in your traditional English farmhouse breakfast at Lower Buckton
- Cornflakes or any other imported, sugar-coated cereal
- Baked beans
- Tinned tomatoes
- Gloopy orange juice or any other pulverised juice from sub-standard fruit
- Out of season, imported tomatoes
- Margarine, spreads or anything pretending to be butter
- Teabags of any description
- Instant coffee
- Anything which isn’t full-cream milk
- Blueberries, strawberries & raspberries in the middle of winter
- Maple syrup
- American-style muffins and pancakes. What’s wrong with an English muffin and pancake?
- Frozen, bought-in pastries & croissants
- “Things in packets”
- Imported fruit
- Black pudding – because we don’t like it!
Take a look at our Breakfast gallery